What is CCTV Maintenance?
CCTV maintenance is a preventive measure to ensure that surveillance equipment is operational. It is performed by security and facility teams to pre-identify defects and damages to avoid substandard performance and expensive damage costs.
Why Perform CCTV Maintenance?
CCTVs help keep businesses’ property and employees safe and secure, but they require regular maintenance to be effective. CCTV maintenance is performed to achieve three core objectives:
- Ensure surveillance equipment works: physical and visual checks are performed to identify operational defects. Early detection saves both time and money.
- Blind spots are identified: system setups should change as focus areas change. Regular checks can help identify blind spots and points of risk.
- Accurate recordkeeping: serves as a record to support insurance claims in the event of incident and damage.
Using CCTV Maintenance Checklists and Logbooks
CCTV camera maintenance inspections are performed anywhere between daily and monthly, depending on specific security requirements.
CCTV maintenance checklists and logbooks are tools used to instruct and document these inspections. A CCTV maintenance checklist generally captures the following:
- Visual and physical condition of the camera, wiring, and control equipment;
- Any physical defects found;
- Assessment of focus areas and blind spots; and
- Signature, date, and time of inspection to verify maintenance checks
Universal Fire Protection Provides high-quality CCTV maintenance at very low cost in Lahore, Karachi, Islamabad, Rawalpindi, and other cities of Pakistan.